One in five Monterey County residents needs food assistance.* To help answer this need, the All Saints’ Outreach Commission is hosting the first-ever Small Bites for Big Hunger on Friday, May 11, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Seccombe Hall at All Saints’ Episcopal Church. Use your credit card to buy your tickets online or come to the church office to pay by check or cash. Preview the complete list of auction items by clicking this link.
The event features celebrity chefs who will offer attendees delicious signature hors d’oeuvres paired with wine tastings for the price of a ticket; additional funds will be raised from silent and live auctions at the event. All money raised will fund the local food ministries of All Saints’, including the following:
- non-perishable food bags distributed daily to anyone
- larger boxes of non-perishables at Easter and Thanksgiving/Christmas
- monthly dinners for I-HELP men
- support of the Thomas Carmen Food Pantry in Marina, which provides bags and boxes of food to several hundred people every month
- support of Epiphany Lutheran & Episcopal Church, which provides gift certificates for food, senior holiday meals, and the Marina Senior Market that offers fresh, high-quality produce on a weekly basis
- support of All Saints’ Day School in its distribution of beans to migrant farmers
- support of Nancy Costello in her ministry to county farm workers
- development of the new All Saints’ prepared/hot meal program
Join us on May 11, 2012, and help alleviate local hunger.* 2010 Hunger Study conducted in Monterey County.