On Saturday, November 23, community members in Big Sur and members of All Saints’ are invited to a work day at Santa Lucia Mission and Campground. Come for a half day or all day! We will appreciate any help. Families are welcome. Bring your own salad or sandwich; we will supply beverages, fruit, cookies, and cupcakes. We could also use a few guitars for lunchtime singing! If you would like to join the team of project leaders for one of the following projects, please contact Mother Cynthia.
Schedule for the Day
If you have not seen the latest newsletter – click here.
Finish the shed (mini-church) Jesse Muson, the contractor, is in charge and will direct this project.
- supports for the deck
- framing for the deck
- framing for the stairs
- transporting redwood for the deck
- run electricity to shed from trailer
- run hot and cold water to shed from trailer
- run gas line to trailer
- run sewer line from shed to tie into main sewer
- install doors
- install windows
Grounds – Mother Cynthia is in charge of task leaders here.
- move some items from flood plain for the winter
- rake and clear debris and fallen trees
- trim trees and bushes by parking area on “El Camino Real” (the access road)
- clear river trail
- cut wood
- change water filter at trailer
- cover campground sink with plastic to protect during winter