One in five Monterey County residents needs food assistance. To help answer this need, the All Saints’ Outreach Commission will conduct our third annual Small Bites for Big Hunger on Friday, 2 May 2014, from 5:00-7:30pm in Seccombe Hall.
Tickets are $50; all but $10 of the ticket price is tax-deductible. This event also features both live and silent auction items and FREE valet parking from the Lincoln Street entrance.
In addition to purchasing your tickets here on the website, please consider a financial sponsorship. Contact Nancy Jones at 831-238-0316 or ask/email the church office to pursue this possibility. If you prefer not to order tickets over the internet, you may call Judy Kirk (831-620-0820) for these tickets.
This event features local celebrity chefs offering attendees delicious, signature small bites, paired with wine tasting from local wineries. Additional funds will be raised from silent and live auctions at the event. Proceeds will fund All Saints’ many outreach ministries. In 2012 and 2013, these included the following:
- Bags of non-perishable food distributed daily at the All Saints’ office to anyone in need, and larger boxes of non-perishables distributed at Easter and Thanksgiving/Christmas.
- Monthly dinners for Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program (I-HELP) guests.
- Outreach efforts at Epiphany Lutheran & Episcopal Church to those less fortunate in the Marina area: the Thomas Carmen Food Pantry, which provides food to several hundred people every month, and the Marina Senior Markets that provides fresh, high quality produce on a weekly basis.
- All Saints’ Day School’s bean bags for migrant farmers.
- The Food Bank for Monterey County’s provision of food at discounted prices.
- The Rice Plus Project, to feed, clothe and help those in need in our local communities.
- Nancy Costello Project’s ministry to county farm workers.
See you at Small Bites!!