The current vestry work includes the following. Feel free to attend our regular June and July meetings, held on the last Sunday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the library.
- We elected Susan Britton to an unexpired term on the vestry. Welcome, Susan!
- We called Jennifer Suttie to serve as the new Youth Leader. Welcome, Jennifer!
- We are working to prep the chalet for rental. Both the Building and Grounds Committee and Dick and Elizabeth Barratt are dedicating much time and expertise to this project, and we thank them.
- We are working with the All Saints’ Day School board in their effort to subdivide the additional parcel of land that was donated in the past decade.
- We are preparing to initiate a parish-wide communication process for listening to and engaging the congregation.
- The board displayed at the back of the church for recruiting volunteers was successful. We thank those who continue in the ministries we are promoting, and rejoice at the additional volunteers.
- We decided to hold a picnic in Santa Lucia on August 3, and to hold another picnic in Carmel in the fall.
- The vestry evaluated our year-to-date finances and decided to continue the administrative position at 19 hrs/week, use an independent contractor for communication at no more than 7 hrs/week, and continue the youth leader position that Robin is vacating. This action reduces the overall salaries for this position by 12 hrs/week until such time as we determine that we can hire a communication person or increase the administrative position.